Monday, December 06, 2004

maybe starbucks is not for me either...maybe

Patricia made some great observations about Starbucks vs other cafes. which actually made me reconsider why I go to starbucks...

i know i used to always say "i'm too cheap, i'll just go with the free coffe drinks from downstairs" when the girls from work would invite me.
Then at some point, I decided to give it a try and since the girls from work would invite me to go alot, I started to go too...
Then there was the Christmas gift certificate...and i became officially hooked
Then there was the fact that drinking dairy helps you lose weight, so during my time with weight watchers, i'd drink lattes as a treat and a healthy choice (non-fat, no whip)

anyway, since i am soon to be a parent, i know i will need to cut down on erroneous spending so i will probably have to let starbucks pass or have it once in awhile...

Patricia had a great point about the full menus available at other fine establishments, like wired monk...they've got great sandwiches, but starbucks lemon cranberry scone will always be my favorite scone i think...except for the ones my brother made that time...they were goood (lemon poppyseed made with whole wheat flower).

anyway, the other cafes definitely have more options and are therefore more satisfactory...but my tastebuds still long for the Pumpkin Spice, Toffe Nut, or Gingerbread lattes available at starbucks...oh, this may be some habit to break!

merry christmas

No comments: