Monday, October 04, 2004

Baby Salmon Ultrasound Photos

Today we had our first ultrasound...I hear its the only one unless there are complications. The experience was pretty good...I drank one litre of water and felt "ok" just that i had to pee but nothing too overwhelming. The technician told me I had a very full bladder and she let me go and get rid of 2 cups! how nice. so really, it was a good experience from that perspective.

Anyway, Derek and I thought it was pretty cool. When the technician said "there's your baby's face." we were both thinking..."eww..." and later derek said, "Yah, our baby "Skeletor"."

The heart beat was super cool...seeing it actually beating (no audio, just visual) was very exciting for me.

here are the pics so you can share in our joy:

This is a bit of a top shot of the baby with a good view of baby's arm and hand.


This shows baby salmon facing down. You can see a nice healthy looking spine and the left arm is up along side baby's head and you may be able to see the hand. the other arm is lying below baby's body.


Top view of baby salmon, nicname Skeletor, left arm is crossing in front and you can see the hand pretty well.

No comments: